Banded Body weight Exercises
Wanting a killer workout that you can do any time or where? Discover our top 5 favourite body weight exercises that will get your heart rate up and booty burning!
Repeat these five exercises for 40 seconds each and then repeat three times for a killer workout!
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart and a resistance band around your lower thighs.
- Take a big step forward with right leg. Start to shift your weight forward so heel hits the floor first.
- Lower your body until right thigh is parallel to the floor and right shin is vertical. It’s OK if knee shifts forward a little as long as it doesn’t go past right toe.
- Press into right heel to drive back up to starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- With a resistance band looped around your lower thighs, lie on your back with your heels on the floor hip-width apart.
- Tuck your pelvis in and drive your hips to the ceiling. Hold at the top and squeeze your glutes for five seconds.
- Try not to rest between reps to keep your glutes under tension.
- Perform this movement exactly like the glute bridge, however, when you reach the top of the glute bridge hold and press your knees outwards.
- Slowly bring your knees back in.
- Drop your booty down to the ground, bringing you back to a normal glute bridge starting position and repeat the movement. Or remain at the top of your glute bridge and repeat multiple abductions to feel the burn.
- Place the resistance band around your lower thighs.
- Go on your hands and knees, back neutral, abs braced.
- Keep your face down so your neck is in line with your spine.
- Drive your knee out to the side trying to maintain a 90 degree angle..
- Lower that knee slowly and repeat.
Banded Step Back
- Place the resistance band around your ankles.
- Bend your knees slightly and take a step back with your right leg.
- Pause when you can't stretch any further, then return your leg to the starting position.
- Repeat this 10-12 times and then swap legs.
The band used in the demonstration above was ApeFit's 'Light' fabric resistance band.
Check out our Instagram for more glute activation exercise ideas: @Apefitstore
*Please note that with every ApeFit band purchase you will receive a Glute Guide showing you how to perform a range of exercises.*
Model: Kahlee Norton, PT at Les Mills.